SPOTIFY DATA REVEALS THE SONGS THAT WILL BE FUELLING WORKOUTS WHEN GYMS REOPEN
• PureGym has analysed over 142,000 songs to reveal the songs and artists most listened to whilst working out.
• ‘Till I Collapse by Eminem takes the top spot, featured in 318 workout playlists, followed by SAINt JHN’s Roses (Imanbek Remix) and The Business by Dutch DJ Tiësto
• Eminem is also the most popular artist for workouts, with his music featured in a staggering 1,700 playlists, trumping the likes of Drake, Kanye West and motivational speeches and music artist, Fearless Motivation.
April 2021: With gyms across England set to reopen on April 12th, PureGym has revealed the songs that we will be listening to the most to get us pumped for our first week back in the gym.
Analysing over 142,000 songs which have been added to ‘workout’ and ‘gym’ related playlists by users on Spotify, the research revealed that Eminem’s 2002 hit ‘Till I Collapse is the song added the most amount of times, beating other up-tempo hits like SAINt JHN’s Roses (Imanbek Remix) and The Business by Tiësto to the top spot.
The song, which has over a billion streams in total, is featured on a staggering 318 separate gym related playlists.
The findings from the research provide the ultimate inspiration for anyone looking for the perfect playlist to accompany their first gym workout since COVID-19 restrictions forced gyms to close across the UK.
The top 10 songs identified in the research feature a high-tempo mix of dance and rap music, with Kanye West appearing twice, British DJ Joel Corry popping up in fourth and MEDUZA rounding things off with Lose Control, a song ready-made for hitting the gym.
The 10 Most Popular Gym Songs
Song and artist No. of playlists featured in
1. ‘Till I Collapse - Eminem 318
2. Roses – SAINt JHN (Imanbek remix) 252
3. The Business – Tiësto 218
4. Head & Heart (feat. MNEK) – Joel Corry 206
5. Turn Me On (feat. Vula) - Riton 168
6. Stronger – Kanye West 168
7. Remember the Name (feat. Styles of Beyond) – Fort Minor 166
8. Goosebumps – HVME 160
9. POWER – Kanye West 156
10. Lose Yourself - Eminem 150
Having already had his hit ‘Till I Collapse crowned as the number one workout song and boasting an intense and prickly back catalogue, Eminem was also revealed to be the most popular artist for workouts. Despite ‘Till I Collapse and Lose Yourself being almost two decades old, Eminem’s prominence shows that when it comes to the perfect music to work out to, newer doesn’t necessarily mean better.
The Detroit born rapper features in an impressive 1,700 related playlists, besting fellow rappers Drake (1,672) and Kanye West (884) to the top spot. Fearless Motivation (828) and Tiësto (820) follow in 4th and 5th respectively.
The 10 Artists Featured Most in Gym Songs
Artist No. of playlists featured in
1. Eminem 1,700
2. Drake 1,672
3. Kanye West 1,006
4. Fearless Motivation 828
5. Tiësto 820
6. Meek Mill 780
7. David Guetta 704
8. Travis Scott 686
9. Future 612
10. Calvin Harris 592
Stephen Rowe, Chief Marketing Officer of PureGym says: “We know just how important the gym is not only to our physical health but to our mental health too, so we’re absolutely delighted to start welcoming our members back to our gyms.
Many of our members have been itching to get back into the gym and have been vocal about this over the past few months. Everyone wants their first, second, third workout at the gym after April 12th to hit the mark, so we hope our findings can help people to have a great one, once our doors reopen”.
PureGym have compiled the top 50 most popular songs into a playlist, which can be found here, alongside the full findings of the Spotify research: https://www.puregym.com/blog/most-popular-gym-workout-songs/