The 10-day countdown to the iconic ASICS London 10K begins tomorrow, Friday July 1.
Here are ‘10 Things You Need to Know’ about the ASICS London 10K:
1. WHAT: ASICS London 10K is London’s only closed-road 10k this Summer and the most iconic landmark run, with a twist. Every summertime thousands of runners descend on the capital to celebrate the sport of running in the ultimate London street party.
2. WHEN: Sunday 10th July 2022
3. TIME: 09:30am
4. WHERE: 105 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7NJ
5. WHERE TO WATCH? Thousands of spectators are expected to watch runners on their tour of London’s iconic landmarks. But where are the best spots to watch? Fan Hubs with live entertainment will be in place along the route at Charles I roundabout & Victoria Embankment or cheer runners across the finish line on Whitehall.
6. ROUTE: World-renowned for the historic streets and landmarks on its route - starting in Piccadilly thousands of runners will pound historic pavements passing St James’ Palace, Trafalgar Square, The London Eye and the iconic newly renovated Big Ben. The route will come alive with live bands and DJs, giving runners that bit of extra motivation!
7. MEDAL: Finishing in Whitehall, runners will be presented with the 2022 ASICS London 10K medal.
Laura Knott, Creative Lead and designer of the medal said, “The ASICS London 10K isn’t your usual running event; it’s slick, contemporary and celebratory. We wanted our medal to reflect this. The matte ASICS blue and white are clean and modern, whilst the sunset-printed lanyard subtly nods to the incredible scenery and landmarks that participants run through.”
8. NFTS: LimeLight Sports Club has announced a groundbreaking partnership with technology leaders xG Studios, launching mass participation sport NFTs. This futuristic limited-edition collectable NFT, designed by Hugo Boesch of Future Romance, will be available to LimeLight Sports Club members who take part in Sunday 10th July’s ASICS London 10K.
Each NFT is personalised with the runner’s finish time whilst the runners placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both women’s and men’s will receive the ‘perpetual loop’ featuring either a gold, silver or bronze thread running through it. The ASICS London 10K NFT Finisher is the xG® ‘Finish LE’ reward, released in partnership with LimeLight Sports Club, marking the digital collectable experience for all LimeLight Sports Club
9. UN WOMEN UK SAFE SPACES NOW: LimeLight Sports Club has partnered with UN Women UK and Stylist Strong Women ahead of the world-renowned ASICS London 10K on 10th July to create: A solidarity campaign inviting people to take to the streets of London to run for safety, for change and for freedom.
Hundreds of campaign supporters will run united past the Houses of Parliament to call for our public spaces to be safer and more inclusive for all. Vital funds raised will go towards delivering the educational programmes needed to inspire behavioural change through partnership with UN Women UK’s Safe Spaces Now initiative.
10. TICKET INFORMATION:
ASICS LONDON 10K
£49 + booking fee
Ticket sales close July 3
All participants will receive a medal and goody bag (subject to availability)
Instagram: @TheLondon10K | Twitter: @TheLondon10K | Facebook: @TheLondon10K