adidas and Under Armour were celebrating last night as the two brands took three awards between them at the Sport Industry Awards.
Described as the ‘Oscars of the sports world’, adidas won Sport Brand of the Year and Best Use of PR in a Sport Campaign, while Under Armour, the performance apparel brand, won the Best Marketing of a Sport Product award for its Coldgear campaign.
Other winners included:
• Barclays - Spaces for Sports: The Sport England Community Programme Award
• Coca-Cola - Wayne Rooney Viral: Best Use of Digital Media in Sport
• Nike ‘Run London 2006, North v South’: Best Integrated Marketing Campaign
• Sony Ericsson Get Closer to the Tour: The Eurostar European Sport Sponsorship Award
• Carlsberg ‘Old Lions’: Best TV Sport Commercial
• UEFA The Ultimate Stage: Best Promotion of a Sport by a Governing Body
• Samsung Electronics Chelsea FC: Best Sponsorship of a Sport Team or Individual
• The Daily Telegraph: Best Newspaper Sport Coverage
• Guinness Guinness Premiership: Best Sponsorship of a Sport Event or Programme
• Karen Earl Sponsorship: Sport Agency of the Year
• Arsenal FC Emirates Stadium: The FT Sport Business Achievement of the Year
• Vic Wakeling, Managing Director, Sky Sports: Lifetime Achievement Award
• David Beckham: The Virgin Atlantic Outstanding Contribution to British Sport