Thursday 5th November: Route planning and navigation komoot, is pleased to confirm its line-up of events for the Kendal Mountain Festival 2021. Taking place over four days from the 18th to the 21st November, komoot and its ambassadors will be hosting several events at the festival.
Accompanied by komoot’s range of cycling, outdoor and running ambassadors, komoot will be hosting a selection of special talks and panel discussions, as well as walks and rides outs.
Its curated programme of events has been designed to inspire outdoor adventure, and komoot be the conduit at the heart of an experience focused on community, inspiration, adventure sharing, and accessibility.
• Join the team at 7pm for The Rapha and Ribble cycling sessions supported by komoot, for an evening of inspiring tales from across the two-wheeled world, celebrating the different ways people ride and embracing the people who do. Blogger, author and cycling advocate Lady Velo (aka Jools Walker) will host the event alongside local Kendal cyclist Ben Dowman, welcoming a range of fascinating individuals to talk about how their passion for cycling plays into their everyday lives.
Friday 19th - join the selection of talks from the festival
• At 4pm, komoot ambassadors Anna McNuff and Mark Beaumont will talk about their home-grown local experiences - with Anna having run more than 2350miles through Britain, barefoot, over five months. Mark, who famously cycled around the world twice, rediscovered his home roads with his daughter over lockdown and ‘coloured in’ the entire city centre of Edinburgh.
• At the KMF Base Camp at 5pm, komoot will host an ambassador panel discussion – with Bryony Carter, Sian Lewis and Nic Hardy, to discuss what adventure means to me. Each has their own experiences of hiking and adventures, and have collectively explored the massive range of Munros, mountains and trails that the UK has to offer.
• Komoot are excited to welcome festival goers on their community ride-out with Mark Beaumont on Saturday morning at 9am for complimentary coffee and a 60km ride along with the endurance cyclist.
• Discover gravel riding along with the Lakes Gravel Gang in association with komoot, who will be guiding a leisurely 22km gravel ride along with a mid-ride café stop from 10am.
• Anna McNuff will join George Longsdale for a conversation on how smaller adventures bring joy from 9:30am in the KMF Base Camp. She’ll talk about how adventures come in all shapes and sizes, and that the only thing standing between you and the next wild escape is a willingness to step beyond your front door. In addition, she’ll share some of the funniest and most iconic moments from her recent Bedtime Adventure Stories book.
• The komoot Hangout in the KMF Base Camp will also be host to the komoot community family walk with Anna McNuff and special guest baby Storm – a 1.4mile walk from 2:30pm, taking in Kendal Parish Church and Kendal Castle.
• For a final stretch of the legs, komoot ambassadors Bryony Carter, Nic Hardy and Sian Lewis will be guiding guests on a 10.5mile hike up Cunswick Scar and Scout Scar – the first walk in Alfred Wainwright’s ‘Outlying Fells of Lakeland’ guidebook. Complimentary coffee will be on offer from 9:30; before heading out at 10am.
In celebration of the event, komoot have pulled together two new route Collections for the Festival – each Collection shares 8 Tours that attendees can enjoy while visiting South Lakeland. Accessible below: