Congratulations are in order for COROS Pro Athlete Des Linden on setting a new 50k World Record on Tuesday, April 13th in Oregon. Des with her COROS APEX 42mm crushed the 31+ mile course in a mind-blowing time of 2:59:54 - truly an amazing accomplishment.
Now take a peek at all of the amazing data from her record-breaking run which Des was kind enough to share. From mile splits to cadence and even running power – take a look!
Des covered the 50km yesterday in 2:59:54 (apparently, she was a little too excited to stop her watch at the exact finish). That’s an average pace per mile of 5’47” with a fastest mile of 5’33”.
Cadence and Stride Length
Her cadence was very stable with an average of 194 per minute. The average stride length was 4.72 ft, impressive!
Running Power and Elevation
Des had an average power output of 216 watts with her max power at 249 watts. This course was not flat - 636 ft of elevation gain mostly from 2 big climbs is pretty challenging, but then again she did conquer heart break hill in 2018 so climbs are nothing new for Des!
Want to train with the same watch as Des?
COROS APEX 42mm Premium Multisport Watch
• Designed for fast and light mountain athletes with route navigation and checkpoint features supported with 24 days of regular battery life and 25 hours in full GPS mode
• Interval, structured, triathlon and strength training modes with training programs and plans created by COROS athletes and coaches available free on COROS.com
• Built-in running power metrics from the wrist plus native and complete integration with Stryd power meters
• Featuring running, cycling, swimming, cardio, strength, and water sports modes with ongoing support and updates.
• Built with a stainless steel bezel and a sapphire glass screen and includes optical heart rate monitor, barometric altimeter, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, and thermometer with 24/7 heart rate monitoring, sleep, step, and calorie tracking